POV: You promised yourself you’d only be on TikTok for ten minutes, but it’s been two hours and you’re still scrolling through videos in bed.
TikTok is a location where you can find all kinds of entertainment, and the platform allows you to scroll through videos for hours. Did you know that the average daily usage of the app is 68 minutes?
But what does this mean for content creators? What does TikTok pay you?
You’ve come to the right place if you’re curious about how much TikTok pays its creators for those endless scrolling hours and regular giggles.
So, How Much Does TikTok Pay?
TikTok is thought to pay between 2 and 4 cents every 1,000 views on a video.
All of this is attributable to the TikTok Creator Fund, a $300 million program that pays creators who use the platform and apply for the program.
Funds are distributed to creators based on several factors:
- Several views.
- The authenticity of the views.
- Level of engagement.
- Amount of content being published.
However, to be considered for the creator fund, creators must:
- Be based in the US, UK, Germany, France, Spain, or Italy.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have at least 10,000 followers.
- Have at least 100,000 video views in the past 30 days.
- Have an account that fits TikTok’s Community Guidelines.
While some TikTokers have suggested that this concept may be improved, the basic fact is that the more videos you make, the more money you can make.
Keep in mind that the creator fund pays between 2 and 4 cents per 1,000 views.
That implies that if your video receives one million views, you may expect to earn between $20 and $40.
You might earn $200 to $400 from the creator fund if your film went viral and received 10 million views.
The benefit of TikTok’s creator fund is that the sky is the limit—it all depends on how many views your videos receive.
Well, What Is Ways to Make Money on Tiktok?
As we’ve seen, TikTok’s creator fund will most likely just provide you with a little monthly payment.
So, if you want to start making the big cash like those TikTokers, there are a couple of options.
Aside from the Creator Fund, there are a few more popular ways to generate money on TikTok:
- Creator Marketplace is a TikTok platform that connects marketers and influencers who share a common interest for them to collaborate.
- When you’re live broadcasting, encourage your fans to send gifts or tips to your account.
- Collaborations and sponsorships: Approach brands about collaborating or partnering with you to show their goods on TikTok for a fee.
- Affiliate marketing: When recommending items or services, including an affiliate link so you can earn a commission.
- Launch your stuff and encourage your followers to purchase it.
- Create your video-on-demand platform and charge users a subscription fee to have access to exclusive content.
Highest-Paid TikTokers in 2021
|Charli D’Amelio||$17.5 million|
|Dixie D’Amelio||$10 million|
|Addison Rae||$8.5 million|
|Bella Poarch||$5 million|
|Josh Richards||$5 million|
|Kris Collins||$4.75 million|
|Avani Gregg||$4.75 million|
How much money do 1 million views make on TikTok?
TikTok pays $0.02–$0.04 per 1,000 views to content providers. This means that for 500,000 views, you’ll get around $15 and for 1 million views, you’ll get around $40-$50. We realise that sounds ridiculous, especially when compared to YouTube, which pays between $2,000 and $4,000 for a million views.
Can you get paid on TikTok?
To be eligible for a TikTok payout, you must have a minimum of 10,000 followers. Using TikTok advertisements or affiliate marketing partnerships, you may usually earn up to $20. Before you can apply for this, you must have at least a million views.
What Does Tiktok Pay for Likes?
TikTok also has a calculator that calculates the amount of money made from videos based on a sliding scale of followers and likes. According to Vice, a TikTok creator with 10,000 followers and 59,000 total likes can earn between $22 and $32 every post, depending on the level of engagement.