Katrina Kaif is a well-known face of the Bollywood business who rose to prominence rapidly. She is one of Bollywood’s highest-paid actresses. She is a British national working in India on an employment visa. Explore Katrina Kaif’s Wiki, height, weight, age, boyfriend, family, husband, biography, and further information.
Katrina Kaif was born as Katrina Turquotte in Hong Kong on July 16, 1983. London is her hometown in the United Kingdom. Her pals call her Kat, Katz, Katy, and Sambo, among others. She traveled extensively as a child. After her birth in Hong Kong, her family relocated to China, Japan, France, Switzerland, Poland, Belgium, and many other European nations.
Following that, they traveled to Belgium and then Hawaii. They relocated to her mother’s native England when she was 14 years old, where they resided for nearly three years. She came to India at the age of 17 for a modeling contract. She stated in one of her interviews that she had no contact with her father. She originally used her mother’s surname, but after moving to India, she changed it to her father’s since she believed Kaif would be easier to pronounce.
Katrina Kaif, who was born on July 16, 1983, will reach the age of 39 in 2022. However, there is still some dispute over her birth year, between 1983 and 1984. She has concealed her age from the public and the media since she is a shy, unassuming woman. Katrina Turquotte was given her mother’s last name when she was born in British Hong Kong. She holds British citizenship but is an ardent Islamist.
Her father, Mohammad Kaif, was a Kashmiri. Her father is Muslim whereas her mother is Christian. The name of her mother is Susan Turquette. As a child, Katrina Kaif’s parents divorced. Due to her involvement in humanitarian causes, the family had to relocate frequently. Consequently, Katrina Kaif and her siblings were instructed at home by a team of tutors.
View this post on Instagram
In addition, she attended numerous correspondence courses. In addition to all of these, Katrina began modeling when she was a little child. She moved to London to pursue a modeling career. She also attended a London college for three to four years before dropping out to pursue a Bollywood career.
Parents & Siblings
Katrina Kaif was born to Mohammed Kaif, a British businessman, and Suzanne Turquotte, an English lawyer and charity worker. Her Muslim father is married to a Christian mother. She holds British citizenship. Her mother manages the Relief Projects India nonprofit organization, which aims to prevent female infanticide and rescue abandoned infant girls. Katrina assists her mum in her business endeavors. Michael is her older brother; Stephanie, Christine, and Natasha are her older sisters; and Melissa, Sonia, and Isabel are her younger sisters.
She married Bollywood actor Vicky Kaushal on 9 December 2021 at Six Senses Fort Barware in Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan.
Previously, she had a romance with the Bollywood actor Salman Khan, but it ended in 2010. After that, she dated the renowned Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor, who got her the moniker Sambo (the sister of Rambo). He gave her this moniker when she successfully scaled a 200-foot-tall ladder. This scene appeared in the movie Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009).
Before marrying Vicky Kaushal in December 2021, she dated the actor for several years.
View this post on Instagram
During her modeling career, Katrina gained a great deal of notoriety, and she worked as a freelance model for several well-known agencies. She also participated in ‘London Fashion Week’ around this time. The film director Kaizad Gustad first commended her for her efforts upon seeing her.
Kaizad cast her in her film Boom, where she made her acting debut. In this film, Amitabh Bachchan and Gulshan Grover made appearances. This movie was released in 2003, however, it received mixed reviews.
Due to constant movement, she did not attend school and was instructed at home by her mother. Additionally, she completed correspondence classes. At the age of 14, she won a Hawaii-based beauty contest. After that, Katrina began her professional modeling career in London.
She formerly worked for independent agencies. She also appeared during London Fashion Week. At one of her design exhibitions, she was spotted by filmmaker Kaizad Gustad, who cast her in his 2003 film Boom, her Bollywood debut. However, the film was a box office failure. According to reports, the film’s failure was owing to her inadequate Hindi skills. After that, she worked diligently to learn Hindi and starred in multiple blockbuster films, including Namastey London (2007), Welcome (2007), Singh Is Kinng (2008), Mere Brother Ki Dulhan (2011), and Bodyguard, among others.
She has appeared in Telugu and Malayalam films, including Malliswari (2004), Allari Pidugu (2005), and Balram vs. Tharadas (2006). (2006).
Katrina and the famous musician A. R. Rahman published the album Rhyme Skool in 2010 to raise money for a new school in Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
Her private photographs with her ex-boyfriend, the actor Ranbir Kapoor, were released onto the Internet during their trip to Ibiza.
During the filming of Namastey London (2007), Katrina visited the Ajmer Sharif dargah while wearing a knee-length outfit that offends people’s religious sensibilities.
View this post on Instagram
- Katrina Kaif earned 7.5 million for the Telugu film Malliswari in 2004, which was the biggest compensation for a South Indian actress at the time.
- Emilio Pucci presented her with a silver outfit valued at 2 lakh (INR) that she wore in the Bollywood film Welcome (2007).
- In 2008, 2009, and 2010, she was the Indian celebrity with the most Google searches.
- Katrina gave all of the money she earned on the game shows 10 Ka Dum and Kaun Banega Crorepati to her mother’s orphanage, Mercy Home.
- She is a fervent believer in God and visits Mount Mary Church and Siddhivinayak Temple in Mumbai before the release of her film.
- She considers film director Kabir Khan to be her dearest buddy in Bollywood.
- Katrina Kaif drinks alcohol.
- Her favorite actors are Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert Pattinson, Johnny Depp, and Hrithik Roshan, and her favorite actresses are Penelope Cruz, Kajol, Sridevi, and Madhuri Dixit.
- She is not a vegetarian, and her favorite foods include steamed fish, Yorkshire pudding, cheesecake, grilled veggies, cinnamon rolls, kheer, and lamb chops with salad and baby potatoes.
- She enjoys watching cricket, and her favorite players are Rahul Dravid and Irfan Pathan.
- Katrina enjoys reading in her free time, and Sidney Sheldon is her favorite author.
- She also enjoys traveling, with Havana, Spain, Italy, Dubai, and London as her favorite destinations.
- Her preferred hues are mauve, white, and pink.
- She would have been Secretary of State or Lord Protector of England if she were not an actress.
- Katrina Kaif is the first Bollywood star to be immortalized as a Barbie doll.
- She has an Audi Q7 and an Audi Q3.
- Katrina is paid between 6 and 7 crores for each film, and she has a net worth of $6 million.
Katrina Kaif is one of the wealthiest Bollywood actresses in 2022, with a net worth of USD 30 million and 217 crores INR. She is also Bollywood’s highest-paid actress. Katrina Kaif’s monthly salary and wages are measured in millions of rupees. Through Brands Endorsement, she obtains a substantial amount of money. The annual growth rate of Katrina Kaif’s net worth is fifteen percent. She charges between 50 and 60 million rupees for sponsorships.
Katrina Kaif launched Kay Beauty, India’s only celebrity cosmetics line, in collaboration with Nykaa, a major multichannel luxury retailer, to provide high-quality, long-lasting skincare products. She promotes her brand in numerous ways, including through social media.
- Vikkstar Net Worth: What Is the Updated Net Worth of Vikkstar in 2022?
- Who is Sonia Turcotte? Check Everything About This Celebrity Here!
- Alia Bhatt Net Worth: What Is the Salary of Alia Bhatt?