Revolver Magazine: Hard Rock & Metal Music
The world of hard rock and metal music is one that’s notoriously difficult to break into. For any band looking to make it big, the road is littered with obstacles—from finding an audience to reaching the level of success that they desire.
In this blog post, Revolver Magazine takes a look at some of the challenges faced by bands in the hard rock and metal scene and how to overcome them. From touring methods to songwriting tips, read on for everything you need to know if you want to make it big in this genre.
What is Hard Rock & Metal Music?
Rock and metal music are two of the most popular types of music in the world. Hard rock and metal have been around since the early days of rock ‘n’ roll, and their popularity continues to grow.
The roots of hard rock and metal can be traced back to the 1950s when blues-influenced rock ‘n’ roll emerged as a major genre. Over time, hard rock and metal developed into their own distinct styles, with heavy guitars and drums driving the sound. These genres often feature epic lyrics full of tales of adventure and heartbreak.
Today, hard rock and metal remain two of the most popular forms of music on the planet. Fans all over the world love these genres for their intense sonic landscapes, gritty vocals, and powerful beats. There’s nothing like a good hard rock or metal song to get your adrenaline pumping!
The Best Hard Rock & Metal Albums of 2018
Looking for the best hard rock and metal albums of 2018? You’re in luck, because Revolver Magazine has got your covered. From classic rock to heavy metal, these are the 10 best hard rock and metal albums of the year.
1. Black Sabbath – ‘13’
After a long hiatus, Ozzy Osbourne and his Black Sabbath reunited this year and released their 13th studio album. The album is heavy as ever with classic Sabbath sound including Osbourne’s trademark growls.
2. Slipknot – ‘Cryptic Writings’
Slipknot returned to their roots this year with their eighth studio album, Cryptic Writings. The band delivered an intense instrumental album with dark lyrics exploring various topics such as religion, death, and violence.
3. White Zombie – ‘Evil Empire’
White Zombie returned this year with their 11th studio album Evil Empire which was met with critical acclaim. The band delivered an explosive album full of zombies, aggression, and catchy hooks.
4. Disturbed – ‘The Sickness’
Disturbed released their eighth studio album The Sickness which was met with critical acclaim worldwide. The radio-friendly sound blended modern elements into the classic Disturbed sound to create an intense listening experience. 5 Metallica – ‘Hardwired…To Self Destruct’ Metallica return this year after releasing their
10 Hard Rock & Metal Artists to Watch Out For in 2019
1. While not strictly a hard rock or metal artist, Cardi B is one of the most popular and polarizing stars in music today. Her powerful vocals and explosive rapping have made her one of the most in-demand performers on the planet, and her new album is sure to be a hit with fans of both genres.
2. Lamb of God frontman Randy Blythe has been one of the most influential and celebrated heavy metal singers of his generation, continuously pushing boundaries while maintaining an ear for catchy hooks and heartfelt ballads. His new album promises to be another barnburner.
3. Korn frontman Jonathan Davis is known for his frenetic stage show and signature masks, but he’s also one of the band’s most prolific songwriters, having written hits like “Freak on a Leash” and “Got the Life.” Expect more headbangin’ good times from Korn in 2019.
4. Black Flag founder Greg Ginn has been an integral part of hardcore punk since their earliest days, playing guitar with some of the genre’s most iconic bands including Black Flag and Redd Kross. He’s currently prepping a new project called The Department of Youth, which promises to be as heavy as anything he’s ever done before.
5. Interscope Records signing Dua Lipa just might be the biggest thing to come out of England in years – her infectious pop songs are impossible to resist, even if you can
10 Hard Rock & Metal Songs Every Guitar Player Should Know
1. “Black Sabbath” by Black Sabbath
2. “Iron Maiden” by Iron Maiden
3. “Metallica” by Metallica
4. “KISS” by KISS
5. “AC/DC” by AC/DC
6. “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones
7. “Anvil!” by Anvil!
8. “Fear of the Dark” by Iron Maiden
9. “(We Are) The Road Crew” by The Guess Who
10. “Huntin’ Blood” by Warlord
Top Ten Hard Rock & Metal Festivals in the U.S
1. Rock on the Range – Columbus, OH
2. Riot Fest – Chicago, IL
3. Carolina Rebellion – Wilmington, NC
4. Fort Rock Festival – Diamond Bar, CA
5. Mayhem Festival – San Francisco, CA
6. Reading & Leeds Festival – Reading, England
7. Ozzfest Meets Knotfest – Dos Palos, California
8. Camelot Music Fest – Holmdel, NJ
9. Castle Donington Metal Fest – Donington, England
10. Download Festival
Whether you’re a hard rock and metal lover or just getting into the genre, there’s no doubt that Revolver magazine has some great content on offer.
Featuring everything from interviews with up-and-coming artists to in-depth features on some of the biggest names in the scene, this magazine is perfect for anyone looking to get educated on what makes hard rock and metal so popular. So whether you’re a seasoned fan or just starting out, be sure to check out Revolver magazine!