Who is Sidharth Shukla Wife? Wiki, Bio, Lifestyle, Family, & Relationship Status!
Sidharth Shukla was a television actor and model from India. He was most well-known for portraying ‘Shivraj Shekhar’ on Colors TV’s ‘Balika Vadhu’ (2008) and winning ‘Bigg Boss 13’ (2019).
Sidharth Shukla was born in Mumbai on Friday, 12 December 1980 (age 40 at the time of his passing). His ancestors hail from Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. His astrological sign is Sagittarius. He attended St. Xavier’s High School in Mumbai and then Rachana Sansad School of Interior Design for his bachelor’s degree in interior design. During his scholastic years, he represented his school in numerous Tennis and Football championships. He began modelling during his undergraduate years. In 2004, Sidharth competed in the Gladrags Manhunt competition and finished as the show’s runner-up.
Early Life and Career Beginnings
Sidharth Shukla was born in Bombay (present-day Mumbai) on the 12th of December 1980 to Ashok Shukla, a civil engineer with the Reserve Bank of India, and Rita Shukla, a housewife. During his years as a model, his father passed away from a lung ailment. Two older sisters are his. Shukla attended St.
Xavier’s High School, Fort, Mumbai, graduated from Rachana Sansad School of Interior Design with a bachelor’s degree in Interior Design. Shukla has characterised himself as a very athletic child who represented his school in football and tennis. He competed against AC Milan’s under-19 team during their tour to Mumbai as part of Festa Italiana. After obtaining his bachelor’s degree in interior design, Shukla worked for several years in an interior design firm.
In 2004, Shukla came in second place in the Gladrags Manhunt and Mega Model Competition. He appears in Ila Arun’s music video for “Resham Ka Rumal.” In 2005, he represented India at the World’s Best Model event held in Turkey, where he defeated 40 contenders from Asia, Latin America, and Europe to become the first Indian and the first Asian to win the title. Following his victory, he appeared in commercials for Bajaj Avenger, ICICI, and Diagram.
According to the sources, his first celebrity lover was Shilpa Shinde, the Indian television actress and winner of Bigg Boss 11. She allegedly accused Shukla of assaulting her and once tossing her out of his car, which resulted at the end of their relationship.
Sidharth was rumoured to have been in a relationship with Drashti Dhami while they were co-contestants on the sixth season of the dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.”
Shefali Jariwala, an actress and model, was his girlfriend. In 2019, the media revealed the couple’s affair when they were in the “Bigg Boss 13” mansion.
His Balika Vadhu co-star Smita Bansal, who played his on-screen mother-in-law, was rumoured to have had an affair with him.
Sidharth was rumoured to be dating Tanishaa Mukerji in 2016. They met on the set of the seventh season of “Khatron Ke Khiladi” as competitors. They were afterwards spotted together in numerous public locations.
He was also linked to his co-star in the 2017 film Dil Se Dil Tak, Rashami Desai. According to the sources, they began dating while filming the television series, but the relationship ended in a violent altercation. In 2019, they both participated in “Bigg Boss 13.”
Sidharth was also said to be dating Indian actress and model Akanksha Puri, who is well-known for being the ex-girlfriend of Indian television star Paras Chhabra.
It was rumoured that he was dating the Indian actress Arti Singh. They were both participants in season 13 of the reality television show Bigg Boss (2019).
In 2019, Sidharth formed pals with Shehnaaz Kaur Gill, his co-contestant on “Bigg Boss 13.” While in the Bigg Boss House, rumours of their affair began to circulate. Even after the concert ended, they were observed in numerous locations. Later, rumours began to circulate that they were living together.
According to a renowned Indian publication, Shehnaaz was present during Sidharth’s final moments. The newspaper piece continues:
The actor, who died on September 2 of a heart attack, had complained of discomfort hours before his death. After returning home at approximately 9:30 p.m., the actor began to feel apprehensive. Shehnaaz and his mother were both at home at the time. They gave him nimbu paani and ice cream to help him feel better, but neither remedy was effective. Sidharth continued to express discomfort, so his mother and Shehnaaz urged him to relax.
Sidharth, on the other hand, was unable to sleep and therefore begged Shehnaaz to stay with him and stroke him on the back. Sidharth slept on Shehnaaz’s lap at 1:30 a.m., after which Shehnaaz gently retreated. She slept as well, and when she awoke at 7 a.m., she observed Sidharth sleeping in the same posture without moving, despite her attempts to rouse him.
Shehnaaz ran from the 12th story to the 5th floor, where his family resided, in a panic. She told Sidharth’s sister, who then contacted their family physician, who, upon his arrival, informed them that Sidharth had passed away.
After his death, it was reported in the media that Sidharth and Shehnaaz had booked the JW Mariott in Mumbai as their wedding location for December 2021. Reportedly, the couple had reserved an apartment where they planned to move after their wedding.
Sidharth Shukla belonged to a family of Hindu Brahmins.
Parents and Children
Ashok Shukla, his father, was a civil engineer with the Reserve Bank of India. Sidharth’s father died of a lung infection as Sidharth was beginning his career as a model.
Rita Shukla, his mother, is a homemaker. He had two older sisters, named Preeti and Neetu. Neetu, his older sister, is a senior manager at Nucleus Office Parks in Mumbai.
In 2008, he made his acting debut opposite Aastha Chaudhary in the lead role of the Sony TV series Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na. Shukla portrayed Shubh Ranawat, a family- and career-oriented man. The series concluded in February 2009. In 2009, he portrayed Veer Vardhan Singh on Star One’s Jaane Pehchaane Se… Ye Ajnabbi, with Sanjeeda Sheikh and Aditi Tailang.
The series concluded in September 2010. Following the conclusion of Jaane Pehchaane Se… Ye Ajnabbi also appeared in several episodes of Aahat. (Reference needed) In 2011, he portrayed Rahul Kashyap in StarPlus’s Love U Zindagi opposite Pavitra Punia. The television programme was inspired by the Bollywood film Jab We Met. He appears in an episode of CID as well.
|2008–2009||Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na||Shubh Ranawat|
|2009–2010||Jaane Pehchaane Se… Ye Ajnabbi||Veer Vardhan Singh|
|2011||Love U Zindagi||Rahul Kashyap|
|2012–2015||Balika Vadhu||Shivraj Shekhar|
|2013||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6||Contestant||7th place|
|2015||India’s Got Talent 6|
|2016||Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7||Contestant||Winner|
|India’s Got Talent 7||Host|
|2017||Dil Se Dil Tak||Parth Bhanushali|
|2019–2020||Bigg Boss 13||Contestant||Winner|
|2020||Bigg Boss 14||Senior||For the first two weeks|
|2021||Host||For 16th week|
Bigg Boss 13 and Broken but Beautiful 3
In February of 2020, he has crowned the champion of the thirteenth season of the reality show Bigg Boss. Ormax media ranked Shukla as the most popular Bigg Boss 13 participant, placing him at the top for 20 weeks. In surveys done by Hindustan Times, India TV News, and The Times of India, he was chosen as Bigg Boss 13’s most popular contestant. He was the Bigg Boss 13 participant with the most tweets. (Reference needed)
After winning Bigg Boss 13 in 2020, Shukla’s immense popularity helped him land roles in the music videos “Bhula Dunga” and “Dil Ko Karaar Aaya.” The same year, Shukla entered Bigg Boss 14 as one of the “Toofani” Seniors for the first two weeks, with Hina Khan and Gauahar Khan. Then, Shukla participated in another music video entitled “Shona Shona.” Shukla hosted the 16th week of “Weekend Ka Vaar” on Bigg Boss 14 in January 2021, sitting in for Salman Khan, who was absent owing to other business obligations.
Shukla made his OTT debut as Agastya Rao in the third season of the ALTBalaji and MX Player-streaming romance web series Broken But Beautiful, starring Sonia Rathee. Mugdha Kapoor of DNA India commented, “It is the fire and sincerity in Sidharth’s acting and the freshness in Sonia’s performance that keeps the audience riveted and wanting more.”
40-year-old Shukla passed away on 2 September 2021 after suffering a heart attack. The members of Shukla’s family were his mother and two sisters. His family informed the Mumbai Police that Shukla was not suffering from mental illness and that they have no reason to suspect foul play in his death. His family also urged his followers not to propagate rumours regarding his passing.
Height: 6’ 2″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx): Chest 42″, Waist 32″, Biceps 16″
- On New Year’s Eve in 2014, Sidharth was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol. The Traffic Police of Mumbai fined him Rs. 2,000 and suspended his licence for two months.
- In July of 2018, he was arrested for reckless driving by the Mumbai Police. At fast speed, he lost control of his vehicle and struck a divider in Oshiwara. He was charged under Indian Penal Code (IPC) sections 279, 337, and 427 and released after paying a fine of Rs. 5,000.
- During his time on Balika Vadhu, Sidharth and Shashank Vyas fought about the distribution of roles.
- Even between Shukla and his Balika Vadhu co-star Toral Rasputra, there was a breach. According to rumours, Sidharth and Toral’s relationship deteriorated during the filming of the honeymoon sequence in Kashmir. After returning from the set, the two were unable to communicate.
- Kunal Verma openly criticised Sidharth for his inappropriate behaviour on the set of ‘Dil Se Dil Tak’ Kunal described Siddhart’s bad behaviour on the show’s set, where he not only verbally harassed him but also threw water at him. Kunal said,
He is an amateur fanatic and a psychopath. I believe he requires psychiatric treatment once more. I’ve heard he’s been to rehab before, and I believe he has to return.”
- Reportedly, he also fought with Rashami Desai on the set of the television series “Dil Se Dil Tak.” Once, he reportedly refused to fire because his vanity van was smaller than Rashami’s.
- Sidharth was frequently criticised for being late to the sets of his television programmes and for making an uproar with his strange requests.
- Even Sidharth’s terrible behaviour in front of the media was criticised.
Reportedly, when a reporter asked him nicely about allegations that he threw tantrums on the sets of his shows, Sidharth withdrew his microphone and left the interview.
Sidharth reportedly receives approximately Rs. 60,000 per episode.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sidharth Shukla
- Did Sidharth Shukla alcohol?: Yes
- Sidharth Shukla was a well-known Indian actor and model who rose to prominence for his performance as ‘Shivraj Shekhar’ in the film “Balika Vadhu” (2008).
- Sidharth Shukla was born in Mumbai to a humble family. His ancestors were from Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Sidharth’s interest in sports dates back to his youth. He competed for his school in numerous Tennis and Football contests.
- During his college years, he desired to become an interior designer, but he changed his career path when he realised that modelling offered more opportunities.
- While he was beginning his career as a model, his father died of a lung infection.
- In 2004, he participated in the Gladrags Manhunt and Mega Model Contest. Abhinav Shukla, a well-known Indian television actor, also competed in the same contest.
- In 2004, he was the first Asian to win the World’s Best Model competition in Turkey.
- He was a model in the music video for “Resham Ka Rumal,” which featured Mona Lisa. Ila Arun, a legendary Indian singer, sang the song.
- In 2008, he made his acting debut as ‘Shubh Ranawat’ in the Hindi television series ‘Babul Ka Aangn Chootey Na.’ The actor then participated in television series such as “Jaane Pehchaan Se… Ye Ajnabbi” (2009) and “Love U Zindagi” (2019).
- After portraying the role of ‘Shivraj Shekhar’ in Colors TV’s renowned series ‘Balika Vadhu,’ he gained enormous recognition.
- In 2013, he competed in the sixth season of “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa”
- Sidharth made his Bollywood debut in 2014 with “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania,” in which he portrayed Angad Bedi. His acting in the picture was well regarded.
- He presented prominent television programmes such as “Savdhaan India” (2014), “India’s Got Talent 6” (2015), and “India’s Got Talent 7” (2016). (2016).
- In 2016, Shukla won the seventh season of the daredevil competition show “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi.”
- In 2019, he became a contestant on the reality game show “Bigg Boss 13.” Click here for the full roster of Bigg Boss 13 contestants. The winner of Bigg Boss 13 was announced on February 15, 2020. Asim Riaz and Shehnaz Kaur Gill finished in second and third place, respectively.
- In 2021, he featured on the food competition show “Kitchen Champion” alongside his sister Neetu Shukla.
- Sidharth Shukla was passionate about politics.
- Sidharth disclosed in an interview that he was an introvert and disliked parties.
- He was meticulous about his fitness and frequented the gym daily.
- Sidharth reportedly signed a three-film contract with Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions in January 2014.
- It might be interesting to learn that he plays Mr Chakraborty in the 2016 Kazakh film “Business in Kazakhstan.”
- Since his modelling days, Bollywood actor John Abraham has been a close buddy of Sidharth Shukla.
- In 2020, Shukla was featured in the music videos like “Bhula Dunga” by Darshan Raval, “Dil Ko Karaar Aaya” by Yasser Desai & Neha Kakkar, and “Shona Shona” by Tony Kakkar & Neha Kakkar.
- He participated in numerous prominent Indian fashion shows.
- He also appeared in several television advertisements, including those for Bajaj Avenger, ICICI, Mamaearth, Fair & Lovely, and Diagram.
- Who is Suraj Nambiar? Wiki, Family, Relationship Status & More
- Kapil Sharma Net Worth: What is Kapil Sharma’s Salary?
- Ranveer Singh Net Worth: What is His Work Situation?